Minnesota Health Action Group President and CEO
There are many ways to become involved in game-changing initiatives at The Action Group. As a member-led coalition, rather than an association, it provides the perfect opportunity for like-minded employers to join forces and roll up their sleeves to improve health care and ensure the economic vitality of Minnesota communities.
Here are just a few examples of what we have been able to accomplish with the involvement of our members:
- 400% improvement in health outcomes for patients with diabetes since 2006 launch.
- 81% increase in the number of clinics rewarded for achievement in treating depression over the previous year.
- ROI for MN Bridges to Excellence in 2013, based on each purchaser’s number of patients with diabetes care at optimal levels, ranged from $12.71 to $28.17.
In 2014, we’re going to make it easier than ever for you to participate in meetings through webinars, webcasts, and meetings-on-demand. We’re developing a number of customizable employee education modules. And you will be invited to collaborate with your peers in addressing the seismic shifts in the health care marketplace that are bearing down on us.
Through initiatives like the Minnesota Employer Benchmarking Survey, Minnesota Bridges to Excellence, Choosing Wisely, and Payment Reform, we are able to do together what none of us would be able to do alone.
What people are saying about The Action Group:
- Paul Berrisford, CEO of Entire Family Clinics credits The Action Group with improving quality and transforming care delivery.
- Jennifer Lundblad and Cathy Weik credit The Action Group with working to create transparency in the marketplace by mining and analyzing data that enables employers and consumers to become more engaged and to make smart decisions about cost, care and quality.
- Charlie Montreuil credits The Action Group with helping drive accountability among hospitals to improve patient safety by ensuring that every year hospital systems and health plans report so-called “never” mistakes.
- Nathan Moracco credits The Action Group with creating a unique forum for sharing best practices and ideas regularly, in person, within a collaborative environment.